Friday, May 13, 2011

Dreaming the Nights Away

Who out there dreams crazy ass dreams?...and not just pregnant women.  I'm talkin' caaarazy dreams.  Like the ones you wake up from, heart pounding, scenes playing through your mind of something that shouldn't have passed through.

I remember a dream from when I was in elementary school, living in a really awesome old house.  We had a nasty green linoleum floor and an antique sink.  Half of the sink was the built in drying area and under the other half of it was an old radiator that my cat Megan used to sit on to keep warm.

My house was one of those houses that made noises that would scare the poop out of a kid.  To get up stairs to my parents house I would walk with my back to the wall, looking both ways to make sure no one was looking at me from the back porch....eeeeek, it still gives me the creeps.  Anyways....my dream.

I was walking into the kitchen to get a drink of water, wearing a long white nightgown.  The room was pitch black as I somehow made my way to the sink.  I stood there looking out the window, filling my glass when I heard a low growl.  The kind of guttural sound a cat makes when it is piiiissed off.  I turned my head to the right and saw for just a second to bright red cat eyes staring at me from the floor.  Before I knew it the cat lunged at me with her claws stretched out, ready to rip me to shreds....

Obviously now that I look back on this dream, it's really not that bad.  But I should have known that it would lead to what now goes through my mind while I should be sleeping.

Some nights I dream so much that when I wake up in the morning, I feel like I've been up all night long.  When I was pregnant, it was the worst.  I wrote most of those dreams down because they were way to freaky to not remember.  I should just do a whole other blog about the dreams I have and have had....hmmm.  I wonder if anyone would find it as weird and amazing as I do...I wonder how many other people out there dream the way I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Potty Princess

Potty Princess
The 2nd time she pooed in the potty, half of it got in there....the other half, well went down the drain in the tub.